Naturland is an international organic farmers’ association based in Germany that supports the development of organic farming on a regional, national and global scale, together with its partner organizations and farmers. Founded in 1982 in Bavaria, it developed in the region before extending its membership in Germany, Europe and even globally. With over 140,000 farmers in 60 countries, it is one of
We are looking for a
Project Manager KVP Georgia on organic farming
(Long Term Expert, m/f/d)
to support the implementation of a multi-partner capacity building project in Georgia with focus on boosting organic agriculture and fair trade.
Place & Duration
Fulltime Position for the project duration from December 2022 to November 2025. The position will be based in Georgia.
As a long-term expert, you are responsible for the implementation of the cooperation project between Naturland and a multi-partner consortium in Georgia, mostly in the agricultural field with focus on West Georgia. This includes initiating, planning, and organizing activities, monitoring and controlling of the budget, reporting and meeting project deliverables.
- Coordinate and implement the KVP partner project in Georgia with different Georgian Agricultural Associations to promote and develop organic farming in Georgia and to develop services to its partners and members
- Ensure good communication and partnership with donor (SEQUA), local cooperation partners, Sustain Caucasus and different stakeholders
- Manage and supervise the implementation of local activities such as educational measures, multi-party exchange activities on organic agriculture and fair trade and raise local consumer awareness on organic farming and fair trade.
- Support the establishment of organic knowledge systems between partner organisations, Naturland Academy and local education structure
- Management of a local assistant
- Professional coordination and cooperation with the Naturland head office
- Project and financial reporting
- University Degree or other relevant education
- At least two years’ experience in a relevant area for this position
- Fluent in English. Beneficial: Fluent in spoken Georgian
- Experience in project management, implementation and budget controlling
- Experience in organic farming and consumption, environmental affairs and/or fair trade is an advantage
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills
- Good team player and intercultural sensitivity
- Structured, target-oriented, and independent working manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Since 1991 the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) finances worldwide partnerships projects within the framework of “Cooperation with the Private Sector”. sequa gGmbH is a globally operating non-profit development organization and partner of the German private sector. With its “Chambers and Associations Partnership Program”, German partners can propose and implement worldwide projects financed by the BMZ. The employment will be through an employer of record.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your detailed application, stating the possible starting date and your salary expectations, by 15.11.2022, preferably by e-mail to:
Naturland - Association for Organic Agriculture e. V.
Ms Ursula Herz, e-mail address: email@example.com
Applications to be reviewed on rolling basis